We’ve been researching recipes over the last few months to serve on this years residential workshops. This sweet potato curry is a firm favourite - Did you know Sweet potatoes are packed full of Vitamin C more than 70% of our required intake of vitamin C can be gleaned form a medium sized sweet potato, that’s more than double that of white potatoes! Vitamin C is so important for our bodies and if like me your not a big fan of citrus fruits then its an excellent way of keeping on top of your vitamin C levels, its so easy to make and a great winter warmer……
· 1 tbsp. coconut oil
· 2 garlic cloves, grated
· 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger grated
· 3tbsp Thai red curry paste
· 1 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
· 500g sweet potato peeled and cut into chunks
· 400ml can of coconut milk
· 200g bag of spinach
· cooked rice to serve (optional)
· dry roasted peanuts, to serve (optional)
1. Melt 1 tbsp. coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add 2 grated garlic cloves and a grated thumb-sized piece of ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
2. Stir in 3 tbsp. Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp. smooth peanut butter and 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, then add 400ml coconut milk and 200ml water.
3. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.
4. Stir through 200g spinach and the juice of 1 lime, and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.
Recipe from: www.bbcgoodfood.com